I have proven that the best way to lose weight fast is to become sick! Now that would be unhealthy so I don’t mind taking it slow. What I find hard to do when I am dieting is that I lack the energy to exercise. When I exercise, I get so hungry I feel I can eat a whole horse!
So after doing some research I found out that there are energy boosters in some foods I might want to try:
Pulling energy from food is mainly about carbohydrates. You can always carbo-load for a quick energy burst, but consuming too many sugary carbs can lead to weight gain. You’re probably more interested in staying awake in the afternoon and feeling fresh after a hard day’s work.
The solution? Keep your carb levels on an even keel, which means avoiding those sugary spikes. Since your blood sugar drops four hours after eating, it means eating more frequent, smaller meals. It means concentrating on low-fat, high-fiber foods and complex carbs â€“ these are broken down slowly and steadily, giving you regular energy throughout the day.
This combo will boost your physical and mental energy as high as possible, without sending extra sugary carbs through the fat-making factory.
Our 10 Favorite Energy Foods
1. Whole Wheat Pasta
3. Fruit Smoothies made with low-fat yogurt
4. Peanut Butter
5. Dried Fruit (apricots, cranberries, kiwis, pears, pineapples, figs)
7. Lima Beans
* Eat breakfast! This is absolutely the #1 “eating for energy” strategy. It gets your metabolism off to a strong start and makes nighttime snacking a thing of the past. (Coffee is not breakfast.)
* Avoid grease and dairy (pizza, burgers, ice cream, cheese) and their simple and sugary carbs that can throw blood sugar levels out of whack.
* Focus on whole grains, which are good sources of vitamin B, aiding the metabolic production of energy.
* Donâ€™t forget iron, an energy-boosting mineral.