I need to go back and try Zumba again. I have two weeks before I go back for my laboratory tests and I am hoping I wont disappoint my doctor again. I need to drink more water and eliminate colored drinks! It’s a good thing there are distilled water pumps installed in most malls these days.
I am thinking I need to go on a detox diet – fluids only. But wonder if I can keep it up. I might go crazy!
March 6-12, 2011
It was a bad week for me – food-wise.
My fitness coach aka The Slavedriver made me jog on track last Monday and it was the start of a bad week. My knees and leg bones hurt so much I pretty much wasn’t able to exercise the rest of the week. It took my dad, who is a doctor, for him to believe that at my current weight, I CANNOT run nor jog. My bones simply cannot support all my weight. Take that, I knew I was not just giving any reason!
Except for Ash Wednesday, which I fasted for, I pretty much ate anything the whole week.
The only upside to last week was that I had started to like the habit of eating cereals during breakfast. It has done me great to keep the cravings at bay and to regularize my bowel movement.
For this week I am challenging myself to start drinking water exclusively, no juices nor tea, and finally change our sofa’s upholstery fabric.
I might as well start a new category on any fitness updates I share.
I weighed myself yesterday and I found out I lost 1.8lbs in a week. I think I am right on track as the healthy way of losing weight is 2 lbs per week. If I keep this up for a year, I deserve all the trophies and awards for discipline, perseverance and determination.
A couple of notes:
1. I briskwalk around 3 to 4 times a week, usually for an hour. The husband goes with me and he alternates between running and walking. An outdoor track runs for 400m and I have a goal to walk around it ten times.
2. I still cannot run. My knees give in and my bones ache. Last Monday I had to cut even walking short since I ran for 100m and had to stop as my leg bones hurt. Something is wrong with my stride.
3. Need to do better on food choices. Still no soda for me, little sweets, no snacks. I still cannot give up rice though, as I am looking forward to it with no snacks all day.
4. Need to find a way to move more even when I’m at home. If I cannot go on a strict diet, I need to punish myself by exercising more.
5. Will be doing free weights starting next week. You got to keep up with the sag!