The Queen is giving a lunchtime Reception at Buckingham Palace for around 650 guests drawn from the Wedding Service congregation, representing the Coupleâ€™s official and private lives.
Guests will be served a selection of canapÃ©s, including:
* Cornish Crab Salad on Lemon Blini
* Pressed Duck Terrine with Fruit Chutney
* Roulade of Goats Cheese with Caramelised Walnuts
* Assortment of Palmiers and Cheese Straws
* Scottish Smoked Salmon Rose on Beetroot Blini
* Miniature Watercress and Asparagus Tart
* Poached Asparagus spears with Hollandaise Sauce for Dipping
* Quails Eggs with Celery Salt
* Scottish Langoustines with Lemon Mayonnaise Pressed Confit of Pork Belly with Crayfish and Crackling
* Wild Mushroom and Celeriac Chausson
* Bubble and Squeak with Confit Shoulder of Lamb
* Grain Mustard and honey-glazed Chipolatas
* Smoked Haddock Fishcake with Pea Guacamole
* Miniature Yorkshire Pudding with Roast Fillet of Beef and Horseradish Mousse
* Gateau Opera
* Blood Orange Pate de Fruit
* Raspberry Financier
* Rhubarb CrÃ¨me Brulee Tartlet
* Passion Fruit Praline
* White Chocolate Ganache Truffle
* Milk Chocolate Praline with Nuts
* Dark Chocolate Ganache Truffle
uests will be served Pol Roger NV Brut RÃ©serve Champagne with a selection of other soft and alcoholic drinks.
The wedding cake and a chocolate biscuit cake will also be served at the Reception. The wedding cake, designed by Fiona Cairns, is made from 17 individual fruit cakes (12 of which form the base) and has eight tiers. The cake has been decorated with cream and white icing using the Joseph Lambeth technique. There are up to 900 individually iced flowers and leaves of 17 different varieties decorated on the cake. A garland design around the middle of the cake matches the architectural garlands decorated around the top of the Picture Gallery in Buckingham Palace, the room in which the cake will be displayed. The chocolate biscuit cake was created by Mcvitieâ€™s Cake Company using a Royal Family recipe at the special request of Prince William.
During the course of the Reception, Governors-General and Prime Ministers of Realm Countries will be presented to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall and the Bridal Couple. The Reception will include the cutting of the wedding cake and some speeches.
Guests at the reception will be entertained by Claire Jones, the official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales.
Notes to Editors
All the ingredients for the canapÃ©s have been carefully sourced from Royal Warrant holding companies using UK-based ingredients. These include:
* Gressingham Duck
* English Goats cheese from Paxton and Whitfield
* English Asparagus
* Welsh organic Celery Salt
* Langoustines from the North West Coast of Scotland
* Pork from the Cotswolds
* English Crayfish
* Windsor Estate Lamb
* Smoked Haddock from the East Coast of Scotland
* Beef from the Castle of Mey Selections in the North Highlands of Scotland
* English Rhubarb
Approximately 10,000 canapÃ©s have been prepared by a team of 21 chefs, led by Royal Chef Mark Flanagan.