A few friends posted Greek food a few days ago and I remembered eating this very delicious fondue recipe from Cyma last year. It made me crave again. This is a great appetizer.
I have been controlling my eating lately because I notice I eat more when I am stressed. So whether it’s stress about the kids, work or a possible credit card debt settlement (thankfully that won’t happen!), I eat. So when the negative feelings come, I try to stay focused and ward off negative energy through exercise.
â€¢ 5oz. of Beer
â€¢ 3oz. chopped cooked spinach
â€¢ 3oz. chopped artichoke hearts
â€¢ 1 demitasse spoon of minced garlic
â€¢ 8oz. shredded cheddar cheese
â€¢ 5 turns of cracked black pepper
â€¢ 3 cups of cubed bread – french/rye/pumpernickel
â€¢ 2 cups of vegetables – coliflower/carrots/celery/broccoli
- First heat the beer on high heat until hot, add spinach, artichoke hearts and minced garlic and stir with a fork.
- Slowly add shredder cheddar. Whip continuously with a fork. Continue to add cheese and whip until your cheese is a "warm honey" consistency.
- Add pepper.
- Stir with a fork until the consistency is uniform.
- Turn the heat down to low, place bread and vegetables in to a basket or platter.
- Skewer bread and vegetables and dip into cheese fondue.
- Serves 2 to 4 people.