If you are like me and have erratic sleeping schedules, you probably would have deark circles under eyes like me. While having dark undereye circles are probably more genetic than acquired, here are some tips to prevent them from happening. Remember, prevention is always better than treatment!
To avoid getting dark under-eye circles follow these quick tips:
- Drink more water
- Try to get more sleep
- Drink less alcohol
- Consume less sugar
- Avoid caffeine
- Don’t allow stress to build
- Use moisturizers with avocado oil, sesame, Vitamin K and Vitamin E
And if you already have them, here are natural ways to treat them. Most of them can be found in your kitchen!
- Cut an unwaxed cucumber into slices, cool in refrigerator and place on eyes for 10 minutes.
- Massage with almond oil under and around eyes.
- Massage with peanut oil under and around eyes.
- Place two tea bags (preferably chamomile tea) in cold water for 5 minutes, than place on eyes for 10 minutes.
- Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice, rinse after 5 minutes (be sure not to get into eyes).
- Grate an unwaxed cucumber or a small scrubbed (preferably red) potato. Put the gratings on two gauze pads, than place on eyes for 10 minutes.
- Apply a mixture of lemon juice and tomato juice, let sit for 5 minutes, than rinse (be sure not to get into eyes).
- Apply crushed mint leaves under the eyes for 20 minutes.
- Dip cotton balls in rose water and apply to under eye for 10 minutes.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, and iron.