Losing weight has been part of every personâ€™s list of things to conquer these days. Whether the reason of losing weight would be to look good or to live a healthier lifestyle, the ways of losing weight are mainly the same. One of the most efficient ways of losing weight is to do exercises. By exercising, you will shed pounds quickly leaving you relaxed, stress-free and even happier. Studies shows that physical activity reduces the risk of heart disease thus exercise has been the major thing that most people do these days.
During the old days, there are different types of exercises that are quite popular like high impact aerobics, weight training exercises, interval training and more. For several years now, these ways of exercising have been pretty effective to most people. But of course with the emergence of the creativity of people, there are now new forms of exercises to lose weight. Here are a couple of alternative ways of exercise that you might want to tryâ€¦
- Bikram Yoga. Bikram Yoga has been created in the 70â€™s but has become popular because it is set in a room heated to 105Â°F with a 40% humidity. Bikram’s classes run exactly 90 minutes depending on how your body can take the heat.
- Belly Dancing. Belly dancing is the oldest form of dance but has recently become popular because people now consider it as a form of exercise. Belly dancing is natural to a woman’s bone and muscle structure with movements emanating from the torso rather than in the legs and feet. It is not just a way to reduce tummy fat but provides for complete workout too as not only it targets the muscles in your abdomen but also the muscles along the shoulders and legs and the core muscles. An hour of belly dancing can burn up to 300 calories.
- Pilates. A form of exercise which emphasizes the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility, and awareness in order to support efficient, graceful movement. It uses different apparatus like trapeze table, ladder barrel, springs, exercise balls, bands and more for resistance training.
- Pole Dancing. Instead of using weights, a step or any other piece of gym equipment, pole dancing is by using pins, climbs and pole-tricks on a vertical bar. This can also be done using a pole-dancing pole. This is actually a skill because by doing this, you incorporate several skills such as gymnastics, acrobatics, dancing, flexibility and strength. It can be a powerful whole body workout as pole-dancing movements includes climbing, spinning, static poses, and more.
- Zumba. Zumba is another form of dance workout and it combines moves from different types of dance like salsa, samba, belly dancing and even the modern hip-hop. Zumba helps promotes flexibility and grace and can be a good form of cardio exercise. A 60-minutes Zumba session can help burn up to 500 calories. You can read more on the benefits of Zumba and dancing from this article http://www.dailychump.org/just-dance-benefits-of-shaking-your-groove-thing.
- Plana Forma. This is a very intense form of exercise as it combines yoga, Pilates and dance in one workout session. It is divided into three sessions: warm-up, barre exercise and floor exercise and is done in succession without taking any break in between sessions targeting one part of the body at a time for each workout. A one-hour Plana Forma workout can help burn up to 600 calories.
With these new forms of exercises, people now find exercising fun and enjoyable. You can no longer say that exercising is boring because of these options. By starting slowly and using the right technique, you may find that one of these new forms of exercise is really an effective way of building strength.