The main purpose of meat in any diet is to provide a source of protein. However, many meat sources like pork and beef may also have high fat content. If you want a healthy diet Â choose the meat carefully. One good meat source that you can include in your diet is chicken. Read on to find out more benefits to eating chicken.
- Lean, high quality protein. This is the type of protein that chicken offers. There are numerous chicken recipes from tidingsmag.com that will help you concoct high protein dishes.
- Niacin. Niacin is a B-vitamin that helps protect the body against cancer. Include a four-ounce serving of chicken in your recipes to fulfill around 72% of the daily niacin requirement of the body.
- Selenium. An essential mineral required by many major metabolic pathways, Selenium can be found in good quantities in chicken.
- Vitamin B6. This vitamin, which can also be found in good quantities in chicken, helps support the energy metabolism of the body.
- Phosphorus. An essential mineral that can also be found in chicken meat, phosphorus helps maintain the health of teeth and bones. It also assists in the healthy functioning of the liver, the kidneys, and the central nervous system.
If you want to lower the fat in your chicken dish, go for the breast part of the chicken. This part is lower in fat than the chicken thigh. Also, if you want healthy recipes choose those for grilled chicken.