I am trying to cook more at home and since I really do not know how to cook, it has been hard trying to come up with different recipes everyday, especially if you have kids under 10 as your main eaters. Plus, I only cook chicken these days as I am trying to stay away from pork. It has been proven effective as I do not have breakouts anymore nor need an acne pill.
I am trying to cook in batches because I do not have time to spend hours everyday in the kitchen when I need to work, clean up the house and look after my kids, so this one might be interesting. My son loves toppings!
Recipe: Kip SatÃ© a La Mina
- chicken breasts or fillet
- onion or scallions ( I used scallions coz TS doesnâ€™t like onions)
- soy sauce
- sugar ( I used granulated white)
- peanut butter
- Chop onions or scallions and cut chicken into cubes.
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. When it is hot enogh, add the chicken and cook it to brown.
- Once brown, you can either take the chicken out of the pan or toss them on the side as you make a place to sautÃƒÂ© the garlic and then the onions or the white part of your scallions.
- Season with soy sauce and stir. Add a small amount of water to cook the chicken more.
- Then add a little bit of vinegar to neutralize the flavor. Stir.
- Squeeze in some ketchup to give a sweet taste. Stir.
- If youâ€™re using scallions, now is the time to add the green leaves of it.
- Stir in about two tablespoon or so of peanut butter and remove from heat. The peanut butter will thicken the sauce and will give the soul of this dish.
- Serve with rice and some love!
You can top it on plain white rice or side it with flavored rice. I served mine with Cheddar Broccoli Rice and the flavor is overpowering. I think this dish is best with plain white rice. It was a knock out! Try it and see for yourself. With this recipe, everyone can cook!